These days I know more of us are opting to holiday in this country, taking advantage of the delights that the UK can offer.
The Whitminster Inn is privileged to be in an excellent location for a splendid staycation. Make us the base for your holiday and you will find so much to enjoy and explore:
• Gloucester – visit the docks, the museum and the cathedral or browse the stores at The Quays shopping centre.
• Cotswold countryside – head into the country for relaxing walks with spectacular views, a traditional pub lunch or visit the many quaint and picturesque villages.
• Bristol – a vibrant city full of history, outstanding art and varied architecture as well as offering the delights and facilities of a modern urban centre.
• Stroud – a unique town full of character and charm and a popular and award winning Farmer’s Market every Saturday.
Take a look at our webpage detailing more delights to be had.... Click here:
Feel free to give us a call on 01452 740234 to discuss your staycation – we’ll make it one to remember.
I am pleased to say that we have hosted hundreds of events over the years of all sizes and descriptions, from intimate business team meetings to glamorous gala charity balls.
Take a look at our venues – you’re bound to find one that is ideal for your purpose:
The Orchard Marquee – our premier venue, this totally self-contained marquee has its own ample parking area and can cater for up to 350 people. We have run many gala charity balls here as well as large corporate events.
We are pleased to announce our brand new Summer Sunday Lunch Carvery Menu, available from 12:00 noon until 6:00pm. Even though we say so ourselves, it really is even better than before.
Just for starters:
• Delicious homemade soup of the day served with crusty bread.
• Pate served with toasted bruschetta and caramelised onion chutney
• Prawn cocktail with brown bread bites
• Our own homemade fishcakes with tartare sauce
• Deep fried breaded brie on a bed of rocket with spicy tomato chutney.
I am rightly proud of the food on our various menus but we don’t just offer a great dining experience at The Whitminster Inn. We have a range of delicious wines carefully selected from around the world to supplement our meals.
Aires Andinos Sauvignon Blanc – a crisp, dry white wine from Argentina for which the word ‘fruity’ hardly seems adequate. It offers an aroma of grapefruit and pineapple with just a touch of passion fruit.
Did you know that Friday 21st April is National Tea Day?
The official way of celebrating is to attend the National Tea Day Festival, a unique blend of garden party and tea tasting session held at Kensington Roof Gardens in West London. Guests are promised the chance of tasting niche tea blends from around the globe, join a baking masterclass or have their photo taken with Queen Victoria!